Members of this church shall be comprised of those who have:
- Made a public profession of their faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Been baptized by immersion.
- Requested to be a member of this church.
- Completed the Exploring Membership classes.
- Made a commitment to abide by the Membership Covenant of this church.
- Been interviewed and approved by the Elder Board.
PURPOSE OF CHURCH MEMBERSHIP
Church membership is important in that it facilitates:
- The defining of who belongs to our local congregation.
- The knowing of who should participate in the privileges and responsibilities of the church.
- The providing of adequate care, nurture, and protection for every individual that belongs to this church.
- The exercising of authority and oversight in discipline and restoration of those members not maintaining a Biblical standard of doctrine and conduct.
PROCEDURES FOR CHURCH MEMBERSHIP
- Any person may request membership with this church by presenting himself or herself to an Elder for membership.
- Upon a person’s request for membership, a CBC Elder will evaluate the qualification of the person for membership. Upon Elder Board approval, the new member shall be publicly presented to the church.
Click below to download our Exploring Membership Packet.